Tuesday, November 26, 2013

VNV Nation - Transnational (2013 NN Promo)


"There was one point in my life where I regarded VNV Nation as one of my personal favorite electronic acts, and that was just after I had heard 1999’s Empires. A sense of morbidity flowed through the band at this time, like a sense of frailty that really spoke to me. But the band has changed quite a bit since then, and Transnational shows the electronic act in a much brighter light, especially when the optimism of “Everything” sets in to open the disc. It’s one of the disc’s strongest tracks and could double as a strong single for the disc. However, “Primary” left me a bit bored, with the vocals sounding as if they weren’t even necessary for the song. In other words, these guys might be getting a bit rusty, as comes with time. “Retaliate” manages to pump up the volume with dance-grooves, and in some form recaptures the essence of the band that I remember..."

Read More Here: http://newnoisemagazine.com/album-review-vnv-nation-transnational/

No comments:

Post a Comment